SmugMug is a stunning photo website for you, your family and for your business. It allows you to edit pictures, add effects & filters and create a photo websites where you can sell your pictures. In order to transfer iPhoto photos to SmugMug, you need to export them to your Mac and then upload to your SmugMug account. You have another option to upload the photos i.e "Drag-and-drop". Here you can simply drag your photos directly from your Mac to a location on your SmugMug site.
Transfer Photos from iPhoto to SmugMug
- Open "iPhoto" on your Mac.
- Select the photos which you want to transfer.
- Click "File" tab.
- Select "Export" option.
- An "Export" window opens up.
- Select the file type in Kind, File Name, Subfolder Format and more.
- Click "Export" button.
- Choose a location to save your photos and click "Ok" button located at the bottom right of the window.
- Once you have exported your photos to your Mac, go to http://www.smugmug.com/ & sign into your account.
- Click "Upload" button located at the top-left corner of the window.
- Select "To New Gallery" option to create a new gallery & upload photos into it.
- A "New Gallery" window opens up.
- Enter gallery name, description, privacy level & click "Enter" button.
- A "Upload to" window opens up.
- A "File upload" window opens up. Browse & select the photos which you want to upload.
- Click "Open" button.
- You will get a "Upload complete" message.
- If you want to upload more photos then click "Click to Browse" button.
- Click "Done" button.
- This is how you can transfer photos from iPhoto to SmugMug on Mac.