SmugMug offers an array of customizable tools, with which you can restrict people from downloading SmugMug photos. Customizing these settings is entirely in your hands, so you know exactly where your photos are going. Here the settings that you can change in order to stop your photos from unauthorized downloads.
Disable Downloads on SmugMug
- Log in to your SmugMug account.
- Go to the 'Gallery Settings' and click 'Photo Protection' tab.
- You'll see a section 'Download Buttons', turn it 'OFF'.
- This disables your visitors to download your photos on SmugMug.
Protecting My Images on SmugMug
Here are some other ways to protect your images on SmugMug:
- Set up privacy settings: You can protect galleries with viewing passwords or keep them unlisted.
- Apply Right-click protection: Whenever someone right-clicks on your photos in your SmugMug gallery, they see a message (customizable) that says that these pictures are copyrighted by their respective owners. With this setting enabled, no one can right-click and save your photos.
- Watermarking: Watermarking your photos in your SmugMug gallery is another good option to protect your photos. SmugMug's watermarks are applied to display copies only and not the original files. So, when someone downloads your photo, your watermark (name/ URL/Logo) goes with it.